The aim of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 is to ensure that workers’ hearing is protected from excessive noise at work, which could cause permanent damage or loss of hearing.
Do any of the following apply to your workplace?:
- the noise is intrusive or worse than intrusive, for most of the working day;
- your employees have to raise their voices to carry out a normal conversation when about 2 m apart for at least part of the day;
- your employees use noisy powered tools or machinery for more than half an hour each day;
- your sector is one known to have noisy tasks, eg construction, demolition or road repair; woodworking; plastics processing; engineering; textile manufacture; general fabrication; forging or stamping; paper or board making; canning or bottling; foundries; waste and recycling;
- there are noises due to impacts (such as hammering, drop forging, pneumatic impact tools etc), explosive sources such as cartridge-operated tools or detonators, or guns.
If these points apply then Sensible Safety Solutions can help.
We can provide workplace noise assessments and noise surveys that will help your businesses adhere to the Regulations.
We use the latest generation of calibrated sound level meters.
The noise assessment results will be set out in a clear and concise written report and recommendations made with regard to the employers’ duties under the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
For a free consultation or more information on noise assessments, please email us or drop us a line on 01908 632418.