The following is an extract from IOSH and is copied to promulgate the information IOSH has provided. Sensible Safety Solutions Ltd claims no responsibility for the information provided.
The Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR) has been set up by a number of professional bodies representing general safety and occupational health consultants across the UK, with support from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is designed to help businesses find well-qualified and experienced consultants able to give good quality advice.
OSHCR registration is voluntary and open to individuals who provide commercial advice on general health and safety management issues; and who have achieved at least one of the following:
- Chartered status with IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health); CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health); or REHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland) with health and safety qualifications
- Fellow status with IIRSM (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) with degree level qualifications
- Member or Fellow status with the BOHS (British Occupational Hygiene Society) Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
- Registered Member or Fellow status with IEHF (Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors).
In addition, all applicants to join the register will be asked to declare that they will:
- Demonstrate adequate continuing professional development;
- Abide by their professional body’s code of conduct;
- Provide sensible and proportionate advice; and
- Have professional indemnity insurance or equivalent to cover the nature of their work