Gas Safe – Be Safe

A gas fitter has been jailed for three years on manslaughter charges after two people died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The couple inhaled toxic fumes that were emitted form a warm-air central heating unit.

All gas engineers must carry a card detailing the appliances they are permitted to work on. Householders should always check these details before allowing work to be carried out, as properly registered engineers will be more than happy to prove their competence.

To work on gas heating systems, heating engineers must now be on the Gas Safe Register, check the engineer you use is on that register.

Remember Gas Safe, Be Safe.